February – What’s Happening in Southwest Florida
We’ve found many things to be in LOVE with in this issue of What’s Happening in Southwest Florida.
Broadway Palm Dinner Theater presents:
(For More Info Click Here: https://broadwaypalm.com/shows/happy-days/)
- Happy Days | The Broadway Musical | Now thru February 14| Happy days are here again as all your favorite characters are back including Richie, Potsie, Ralph Malph, and the “king of cool” Arthur “The Fonz” Fonzarelli in this all-new musical based on the hit TV series. The famed drive-in malt shop and number one hangout Arnold’s is in danger of demolition, so the gang comes up with a plan to help. Return to the days of 1959 Milwaukee complete with varsity sweaters, hula hoops, and jukebox sock-hoppin” fun!
- On Your Feet| The Broadway Musical | February 18 thru April 10| The inspiring true story about heart, heritage, and two people who believed in their talent, and each other, to become an international sensation: Gloria and Emilio Estefan. This musical follows their incredible journey from anonymity in Cuba to stardom in the United States.
Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center
New art exhibit every month from local to world-renowned artists. Exhibits are open from February 5- 26th. Call ahead for gallery hours for other times, 239.333.1933. $1 Donation Entry Fee. Click here for more info: https://www.sbdac.com/
This month’s exhibits feature:
- Seed, Time, and Harvest | This exhibit features mixed media giving viewers a unique perspective of ethnicity, identity, family, and love through the eyes of the artist.
Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall
- An Andrew Lloyd Webber Celebration | February 6 | 7:00 PM | Andrew Lloyd Webber has composed some of the world’s best-known musicals such as School of Rock and Cats and The Phantom Of The Opera.
- Love & Laughter- A Musical Valentine | February 14 | 7:00 PM | Singing and dancing duo Kirby & Beverly Ward join the Gulf Coast Symphony for a Valentine’s Day concert.
- Staying Alive | February 15 | 7:30 PM | Staying Alive offers their audience the songs and sights of a full Gee Bees playlist!
- Abba Mania | February 17 | 7:30 PM | The show recreates ABBA’s top hits such as ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘Dancing Queen’, and ‘Waterloo’.
ArtFest Fort Myers| February 6 -7
Enjoy the in-person festival on the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Myers or the new brand- new virtual festival. Enjoy all the fun virtually by visiting artists’ booths and talking to them via Zoom! The art festival will be enhancing safety protocols including tickets for timed entry to control the crowd size. Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM & Sunday 9 AM – 4 PM Click Here: https://artfestfortmyers.com/
10th Annual Strides for Education 5k | February 6
The 5k tour includes a shaded tour of Florida Southwestern State College’s beautiful campus. Proceeds from the 5k support the Take Stock in Children Scholarship Program. Take Stock in Children is an incentive program that offers doorways to low-income students in Lee County. The race begins at 7:30 AM and you can NOT register the day of the race. Click here to register!
Vintage Market Days | February 12-14 from 10 AM- 4 PM
Vintage Market Days is an upscale, vintage-inspired, indoor/outdoor market. It features original art, antiques, clothing, jewelry, and more! The event is located at Lee Civic Center. https://vintagemarketdays.com/market/south-gulf-coast-florida/
Winter Garden Festival | February13-14
The festival is the largest of its kind in Southwest Florida; it has more than 40 garden vendors! Unusual tropical plants, as well as Florida natives, will be on sale. Enjoy live music and food trucks. February 13 from 9 AM – 5 PM & February 14 from 9 AM – 4 PM. Located at Edison & Ford Winter Estates. Click Here: https://www.festivals.com/winter-garden-festival-11935
Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair | February 26 thru March 7
The Southwest Florida & Lee County Fair will be held at Lee Civic Center/Fairgrounds. If you are wanting to join, plan ahead, and get the Mega Pass for only $25. This includes gate entry and unlimited rides for a single day of your choosing. The $25 Mega Pass does NOT sell during the fair! Tickets can be purchased at Mary Lou’s Western Wear, Hayloft Western Wear, Williams Hardwar Inc, First Bank to avoid a convenience fee or here. Regular admission at the gate will be $10 per adult and $5 per child. Masks are not mandatory, but strongly encouraged!
Farmers’ Markets & Social Distancing Events
Click Here for all the Cape Coral Farmers’ Market information: https://capecoralfarmersmarket.com/
Cape Coral Downtown Farmers’ Market – Open Saturdays from 8 am – 1 pm in Club Square. One of the largest markets in Southwest Florida!
Surfside Sunshine Farmers’ Market – Located in the Shops at Surfside, NW corner of Veterans Parkway & Surfside Boulevard will be open every Tuesday from 1 – 6 pm now through April, 2021.
Lakes Park Farmers’ Market – Now open every Wednesday from 9 am – 1 pm at Lakes Regional Park, 7330 Gladiolus Drive in Fort Myers. Parking is free during market hours at the park.
- Vendors at the above locations will offer produce, foods, soaps & pet foods. Visitors are asked to wear face masks and maintain social distancing recommendations. Additional staff will be stationed at the markets to encourage people to follow social distancing guidelines.
Alliance Market – The Alliance for the Arts GreenMarket is open to the public from 9 am – 1 pm every Saturday, with added precautions & following CDC guidelines. The Wednesday drive-thru pickup service initiated in response to COVID-19 will also remain in operation. Located at 10091 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. Click Here: https://www.facebook.com/AllianceGreenMarket/
Local Roots Online Farmers’ Market – Offering curbside pick-up or delivery from vendors. Go to www.localrootsonlinefarmersmarket.com to order.
Amusements, Museums & Zoos ~ Oh My!
IMAG@HOME – As leaders in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and local history education, the IMAG is bringing the history and science center into the homes of many with a daily schedule of programs that entertain and nurture our intellectual curiosity and desire to learn. Think of IMAG@HOME as your “daily dose of history and science” in a new, fun digital way. Click HERE to learn more.
Calusa Nature Center is full of events as well. Be sure to check their calendar for their next Nature Hike or Alligator Talk!
Edison and Ford Winter Estates – For children ages 18 months – 5 years, we are offering a Preschool Program: Emerging Inventors the First and Third Tuesday of each month, now through April, 2021 | 10 – 11 am. https://www.edisonfordwinterestates.org/calendar/
FastTrax Entertainment, previously known as Zoomers, will soon be open. To be in the KNOW, sign up for their newsletter!
Naples Zoo is open for full outdoor experiences at a limited capacity. Click HERE before you go.
Shell Factory Nature Park – Come check out their new carousel ~ just $1/ride! You can also purchase special fun park packages online. There is so much to do at the Shell Factory – check out their calendar. A month full of live performances and flea markets!
Sky Zone Trampoline Park – The originators of wall-to-wall aerial action! Always working to invent epic new ways to play, gather and compete. Sky Zone is a space to move, create and be yourself. And there’s enough room for everyone, so all kids ~ and kids at heart ~ can play together. Come bounce the day away or schedule that special birthday celebration! Learn more HERE.
Tour Sanibel Island with Tarpon Bay Explorers
Kayak & Standup Paddleboard tours along with Nature & Sealife Cruises have resumed at J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Rentals such as kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards and bikes are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are recommended for guided kayak, paddleboard, and boat tours. Call 239.472.8900 and visit them online.