September – What’s Happening in Southwest Florida
We’ve found many things to be JOYFUL with in this issue of What’s Happening in Southwest Florida.
Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center:
New art exhibit every month from local to world-renowned artists. Exhibits are open from September 3-24th. Call ahead for gallery hours for other times, 239.333.1933. $1 Donation Entry Fee. This month’s exhibits feature:
- Voices of the Island | This exhibition represents recent works that include representational landscapes, figurative expressions, magic surrealism, and abstract expressionism styles of contemporary art in Cuba.
- Spectrum of Life | This body of work is designed to create a conversation between those who view it.
Broadway Palm Dinner Theater presents:
- A Night on Broadway | The Broadway Musical | September 9- October 2 | This all-new musical features the best of Broadway from the past along with the most recent musical hits! Buy your ticket here!
Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall | Click here for more information
- Brian Regan | September 10 | 7:00 PM | Brian Regan is one of the most respected comedians in the country! Brian stars in his own Netflix series, Stand Up and Away!
- Paw Patrol Live! The Great Pirate Adventure | September 21-22 | Last year has been RUFF but through it all Paw Patrol Live! Do not miss this opportunity to see the whole pack as they set sail in a pirate themed live performance.
- John Crist: Fresh Cuts Comedy Tour | September 25 | 7:00 PM | John Crist is one of today’s fast-rising stand-up comedians with more than one billion video views! Widely known for viral videos like “Honest Football Coach,” “Every Parent at Disney” plus more!
Yappy Hour at Bell Tower Shops | September 10 | 6 PM- 8 PM
The area’s largest pet-friendly social hour, providing an evening of fun for pet lovers and their four-legged friends. Yappy Hour runs from 6 – 8 PM the second Friday of every month (weather permitting) in center court of Bell Tower Shops.
Bark in the Park | September 11 | 7 PM
The Fort Myers Mighty Mussels invite dogs to Saturday home games! Lee County Domestic Services will once again be the Title Sponsor. Be sure to stop by the Animal Services table for a chance to win fun prizes and meet their adoptable dogs! Location: CenturyLink Sports Complex
2021 Fins for Fons Fishing Tournament | September 17-18 | 6 PM – 7 PM
The 2nd Annual Fins for Fons Fishing Tournament is back! The event will be located at The Westin Cape Coral at Marina Village. Anglers will have the option of inshore or offshore formats this year. Click here for more information.
Island Hopper Songwriter Festival | September 17-26
The Island Hopper Songwriter Festival is a 10-day music festival in SW Florida. It features performances by the greatest songwriters from Nashville and nationwide. The festival is broken up into 3 locations: Captiva Island (Sept. 17-19), downtown Fort Myers (Sept. 20-23), and Fort Myers Beach (Sept. 24-26). Click here for more information.
14th Annual SWFL Peace Day Celebration | September 19 | 10 AM – 5 PM
This year, Peace Day will be celebrated at the beautiful Wa-Ke Hatchee Park in Fort Myers. This year’s theme is Unity in Community, Bridging the Gaps Between Us. This a FREE event for the whole family, including your furry friends! Enjoy live talent, activities for kids of all ages, food trucks & more! Click here for more information.
Farmers’ Markets & Social Distancing Events
Cape Coral Downtown Farmers’ Market – Open Saturdays from 8 AM – 1 PM in Club Square. One of the largest markets in Southwest Florida!
Surfside Sunshine Farmers’ Market – Located in the Shops at Surfside, NW corner of Veterans Parkway & Surfside Boulevard will be open every Tuesday from 9 – 1 PM.
Amusements, Museums & Zoos ~ Oh My!
IMAG@HOME – As leaders in STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and local history education, the IMAG is bringing the history and science center into the homes of many with a daily schedule of programs that entertain and nurture our intellectual curiosity and desire to learn. Think of IMAG@HOME as your “daily dose of history and science” in a new, fun digital way. Click HERE to learn more.
Calusa Nature Center is full of events as well. Be sure to check their calendar for their next Nature Hike or Alligator Talk!
FastTrax Entertainment, previously known as Zoomers, will soon be open. To be in the KNOW, sign up for their newsletter!
Naples Zoo is open for full outdoor experiences at a limited capacity. Click HERE before you go.
Sky Zone Trampoline Park – The originators of wall-to-wall aerial action! Always working to invent epic new ways to play, gather and compete. Sky Zone is a space to move, create and be yourself. And there’s enough room for everyone, so all kids ~ and kids at heart ~ can play together. Come bounce the day away or schedule that special birthday celebration! Learn more HERE.
Tour Sanibel Island with Tarpon Bay Explorers
Kayak & Standup Paddleboard tours along with Nature & Sealife Cruises have resumed at J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Rentals such as kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards and bikes are on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations are recommended for guided kayak, paddleboard and boat tours. Call 239.472.8900 and visit them online.