MAY – WHAT’S HAPPENING IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
Make the most of May with this list of What’s Happening in Southwest Florida.
Broadway Palm Dinner Theater presents (Buy your ticket here):
- In the Heights | The Broadway Musical | Now thru May 14th | This musical is a story of a vibrant community in New York’s Washington Heights where long time friends and neighbors make discoveries about each other.
- Rock of Ages | The Broadway Musical | May 20th – June 25th | When the ultimate rock bar is set to be demolished, three wannabe rockers try to save the day.
Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center:
New art exhibit every month from local to world-renowned artists. Exhibits are open from May 6th – 26th. Call ahead for gallery hours for other times, 239.333.1933. $1 Donation Entry Fee. This month’s exhibits feature:
- City of Fort Myers Individual Artist Grant Recipients | This exhibition showcases artwork from artists who received grants from the City of Fort Myers.
- Embracing Stillness | This exhibition embraces still life, which is defined as creating and depicting a inanimate object.
Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall | Click here for more information & shows
- Steven Wright | May 1 | 7:00 PM | Steven Wright is a comedian that many continue to follow. Steven made his big break in the “Tonight Show”.
- Leanne Morgan: Big Panty Tour | May 14 | 7:00 PM | Leanne Morgan knew she wanted to be a comedian at the age of 5, but being born in a small town made it a lot harder. Leanne finally had the courage to go for it after other moms encouraged her.
Yappy Hour at Bell Tower Shops | May 13 | 6 PM – 8 PM
The area’s largest pet-friendly social hour, providing an evening of fun for pet lovers and their four-legged friends. Yappy Hour runs from 6 – 8 PM the second Friday of every month (weather permitting) in center court of Bell Tower Shops.
Fort Myers Film Festival | May 18-22
The 12th annual Fort Myers Film Festival will be held at the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center. The festival is an event to create, unite and showcase the finest artistic cinematic works. It kicks off with a red carpet opening night on May 18th at 5:30 PM! Tickets are $20. Click here for more information.
Downtown Music Walk | May 20
The River District comes alive on the third Friday of every month as local musicians line the streets! Enjoy jazz to rock & roll, many genres can be heard each month. Free to the public!
Blippi the Musical | May 31 | 6 PM – 10 PM
Blippi The Musical brings the loveable character Blippi off the screen and onto the stage! Children from ages of 2 to 7 years old from across the world have quickly taken a liking to Blippi’s innovative teaching lessons. Buy your ticket here. Location: Hertz Arena
Cape Coral Downtown Farmers’ Market – Open Saturdays from 8 AM – 1 PM in Club Square. One of the largest markets in Southwest Florida!
Mid – Cape Farmers’ Market – Open Sundays from 10 AM – 2 PM at Mercola Market & Café.
Surfside Sunshine Farmers’ Market – Open Tuesdays from 1 PM – 6 PM. Located in the Shops at Surfside, NW corner of Veterans Parkway & Surfside Boulevard.
Amusements, Museums & Zoos ~ Oh My!
Calusa Nature Center is full of events as well. Be sure to check their calendar for their next Nature Hike or Alligator Talk!
FastTrax Entertainment, previously known as Zoomers, is NOW OPEN! Enjoy the all new game zone, duckpin bowling, and go karting! Click here before you go.
Naples Zoo- On the first Saturday of every month, Collier County residents receive free zoo admission all day long. Plan your visit, click here for more information.
Sky Zone Trampoline Park – The originators of wall-to-wall aerial action! Always working to invent epic new ways to play, gather and compete. Sky Zone is a space to move, create and be yourself. And there’s enough room for everyone, so all kids ~ and kids at heart ~ can play together. Come bounce the day away or schedule that special birthday celebration! Learn more HERE.
Tour Sanibel Island with Tarpon Bay Explorers- Kayak & Standup Paddleboard tours along with Nature & Sealife Cruises have resumed at J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge. Rentals such as kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards and bikes are on a first come, first serve basis. Reservations are recommended for guided kayak, paddleboard and boat tours. Call 239.472.8900 and visit them online.